This is a new role in the company and is an opportunity for an ambitious individual to build on existing financial systems and processes and to be an integral part of the management team.
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer and based in the UCD Students’ Centre in Belfield, UCD, the successful candidate will work closely with the Chief Operations Officer will continue the development of the finance and management function of UCDSU.
Key Responsibilities of the Finance Manager
The key responsibilities in both entities of the Finance Manager will include:
· Take ownership of the existing finance procedures and systems and make recommendations and manage implementation so that our systems can scale with the growth and change in UCDSU.
· Have overall responsibility for the finance processing team.
· Mentor, train, and direct employees to optimize workplace productivity and promote professional growth.
· Monitor and manage the day-to-day financial operations within the company.
· Prepare monthly management accounts for both entities and for board presentation with comparison of actual performance against budget.
· Prepare month end workings files supporting key balance sheet and profit and loss account numbers.
· Manage & review of employee payroll on a weekly basis.
· Attendance at board meetings.
· Attendance at meetings with stakeholders as is required.
· Day to day responsibility for management of all tax matters.
· Work closing with the shop management team including attendance and chairing weekly shop meetings, preparation of weekly shop reporting, KPI performance and reviewing activity to promote increased efficiencies and driving performance.
· Preparation of the annual budgets, updated forecasts and event budgeting.
· Responsibility for insurances.
· Take ownership of and manage the year end audit process to completion of the audit within three months of financial year end.
· Ensure compliance with internal accounting policies and regulatory requirements.
· Day to day working capital management.
· Payment processing of payroll and suppliers by bulk file upload.
· Communicate with and support internal and external stakeholders.
· Ad hoc reporting.
· A recognised accountancy qualification (ACA. ACCA, ACMA).
· A minimum 5 years post qualification experience in a commercial environment.
· Enthusiastic self-starter with ability to get involved in projects and take ownership.
· Strong understanding of finance systems and systems development.
· Experience of managing and developing a team.
· Ideally, experience in a retail environment.
· Must have strong communication skills along with excellent organisation/time management skills.
· Strong management reporting and presentation skills.
· Must have the ability to work both independently and in a fast-moving team environment while demonstrating initiative to lead in other projects.
· Must have strong analytical and investigative skills.
· Strong focus on deadlines and deliverables.
What’s on offer
· Basic salary range €70,000 – €80,000 per annum.
· Flexible working arrangements including the potential for remote working.
· 25 days of annual leave.
· Employee Pension.
|Organization||UCD Students' Union (UCDSU)|
|Industry||Accounting / Finance / Audit|
|Occupational Category||Finance Manager|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Posted at||2022-07-14 6:34 am|