Due to further expansion a position has become available within our graphic design studio team based in Newtownmountkennedy, Co. Wicklow.
You will be responsible for producing print ready artwork for our large format in house production. Activities range from taking the brief, producing creative designs that align to client brand guidelines, to producing print ready PDFs for production. Communication is key, expectations are high and the candiate will need to be experienced in design for print using a Mac platform.
More about the role:
- Manage allocated jobs from brief to sign off, from supplied artworks or preparing your own artwork for print ready PDFs.
- Ensure all files are artworked and ready for printing and meet our high standards.
- Artworking using existing files and development of new ones that meet the project brief.
- Producing detailed proofs for client sign off.
- Ensure all deadlines are met according to production dates.
- Have experience in a similar role; ideally you can hit the ground running.
More about you:
- Graphic Design degree or industry recognised equivalent qualification.
Adobe Creative Suite:
- Indesign: you should be very competent.
- Illustrator & Photoshop: good skills essential. Familiarity with outputting print ready PDF’s essential.
Experience and knowledge of:
- Print production and artworking.
- Graphic design for large format print, delivering specific to client artwork.
- Working in a studio/pre-press environment.
- Design, layout, typography and retouching.
- Understanding technical drawings, elevations and floorplans.
- An understanding of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Corel Draw would also be desirable.
- A logical and methodical way of working
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Have a pro-active attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Very keen eye and attention to detail.
- Project management skills to ensure work is delivered in full and on time with a high level of professionalism.