Our Client is a well established industry leader in the manufacturing and provision of industrial explosives servicing the Mining, Quarrying and Engineering Industry Sectors. Headquartered in Clonagh, near Enfield and with three additional sites across Ireland, they are looking to attract a Group Accountant for their operation. This opportunity is being offered on a hybrid working basis.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day operation of the accounting activities of the business.
- Preparation of monthly accounts and variance analysis.
- Up to date and accurate maintenance of the General Ledger and all accounting records.
- Control spending on capital expenditure projects and tracking to budget and reporting of same.
- Preparation of balance sheet account reconciliations
- Wages and salaries processing
- Management and control of overheads and indirect costs
- Ensure all statutory returns filed in a timely manner e.g., P30, VAT, Intrastat etc.
- Other misc. e.g., import/export licenses
- Ensure SOX compliance in the course of performing duties.
- Assist in preparing business plans, budgets, and forecasts.
- Assist in annual audit process.
- Develop opportunities for improvements in efficiency and internal controls throughout the business.
- Develop and maintain positive, cooperative, team-oriented relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers, clients, and others in contact with on the job.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, or CIMA) with at least 4 years relevant Industry experience.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is highly desirable.
- Proven ability to preparation of consolidated accounts in a multicurrency environment.
- Exceptional technical accounting, analytical and commercial skills
- Outstanding communication skills with an ability to engage with stakeholders across a business.
- Maturity to function with limited supervision and earn respect of senior line managers.
- Strong Computer Skills and knowledge of accounting ERP software; Microsoft Business Central an advantage
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a wider finance team.