It is desirable that candidates demonstrate through their application form and at the interview that he/she has:
- Good interpersonal skills and has the ability to establish positive relationships with staff of the Council, Councillors, partners, external agencies and suppliers etc.
- Well-developed presentation and negotiation skills: able to communicate clearly, pleasantly and confidently with staff and stakeholders both orally and in writing.
- Confident in their technical abilities, can work under pressure and to tight deadlines. Able to work on own initiative and be a self-starter, prioritising work with minimum supervision.
- Must be committed to self-development and be enthusiastic about acquiring new skills.
Purpose of the position;
- Manage an IT Development team as a customer focused service using ITIL best practices.
- Responsible for the management of complex Information Systems projects, Support and Development for Business Applications Oversight on incident, request, and problem management.
- Focus on Business Process improvement and Change Management.
- This leadership role incorporates the design, procurement, implementation and support of both new and existing Business Applications, through engagement with internal stakeholders and third-party vendors to achieve the best outcomes for Kildare County Council.
- Work closely with the other IT project leaders in Business Applications, Technical support, GIS and Systems Innovation areas.
- To ensure that Kildare County Council’s ICT applications portfolio operates efficiently, performs to agreed targets, and delivers a secure and compliant platform for the Council to carry out its business.
- To act as a senior internal ICT specialist, leading where necessary in the delivery of solutions to complex technical issues.
- To support the strategic objectives of Kildare County Council.
- To assist in the democratic mandate of the Local Authority through supporting the elected members