At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
The Enterprise Travel and Expense Reporting (ETE) organization delivers travel services globally to Lilly employees, customers, and suppliers/partners ensuring high quality customer service, compliance, and reliability. These services include individual, group & HCP travel, compliance & reporting, and management of our global credit card program.
This role is responsible for Travel Account and Operations Management for Europe, and for identification and implementation of process improvements related to travel requirements.
The Travel Account Manager will serve as a key liaison between our Lilly travelers and our external Travel suppliers, expected to understand the needs of the business for Travel and work with external suppliers to deliver services that moves us closer to creating a best-in-class Travel program in Europe and globally. This individual is accountable for ensuring that our Global Travel Program is compliant with the policies and meets compliance reporting needs. In addition to managing the relationships, this individual is also responsible for managing travel operations, keeping track of financials, delivering key projects, maintaining industry expertise and driving future strategy and initiatives. This position will work closely with partners in Procurement, Global Meetings, IT, Ethics & Compliance, Global Security and Finance as well as with our Travel Management Company (AMEX GBT).
- Understand Lilly policies and procedures associated with Employee and Healthcare Professionals (HCP) Travel and Expense.
- Ensure proper controls are built into the Travel processes.
- Monitor and audit processes to ensure controls are in place and effective.
- Liaise with Global Transparency (GT), and Ethics & Compliance (E&C) to ensure compliance with internal and external requirements and policies.
- Adapt global and local processes, SOPs and job aids to accurately reflect and comply with all changes in processes.
- Steward the global policies and procedures, ensuring local processes, SOPs and job aids created and maintained by the Affiliates are in accordance to the global requirements.
- Partner with Ethics and Compliance on periodic review and update of our Travel and Expense Global Procedures.
- Oversee, track and monitor any and all exceptions to the global procedures for the region.
- Partner with Global Security to ensure Duty of Care for all our travelers at all times, ensuring appropriate actions are taken by the TMC as needed when natural disasters or an act of violence happens anywhere in the globe affecting the region.
- Network and partner with CMS and Procurement regional managers to better understand the needs for travel in the region.
- Proactively engage with key business partners to share travel data and formulate action plans that meet their goals/targets for spend, consumption and value to the business.
- Engage with key business partners to influence action plans aligned with our strategy resulting in greater value to the business.
- Responsible for all business partner communications, conflict resolution and compliance on client deliverables.
- Ensure business partner issues are dealt with in an efficient manner and escalated appropriately.
- Foster the relationship between business partners and Preferred suppliers in Europe and globally (if applicable).
- Partner with Procurement in negotiations of contractual agreements with Travel suppliers.
- Partner with our Reporting Analyst to capture and report key data to corporate groups including, metrics, trends analysis, scorecard reporting, ETE savings etc.
- Develop and share executive summaries with key business partners and senior management to track progress of improvements and trends of key metrics.
- Proactively review area specific data with management of key components to influence the use of the services we offer as a Travel organization to bring greater value to the components and Lilly.
- Proactively identify opportunities to connect with travelers and leaders on a regular basis to educate them on the value of our program and to drive the value of our organization.