This position will assist and contribute towards the development of Barry Group’s brands and the Marketing Division of the business.
To work creatively and innovatively with Barry Groups Brand Manager to ensure the appearance and integrity of Barry Groups Brands; Costcutter, Carry Out & Quik Pick and sub-brands in a broad category, are the best they can possibly be, to resonate with current, potential and target customers in the FMCG market, whilst adhering to our Brand Guidelines and Brand DNA.
- Provide daily support to the Brand Manager.
- Assist our Brand Manager to ensure that the promotional cycle POS and leaflets are delivered accurately and on time.
- Assist the Brand Manager in the develop of all brands in the Barry Group portfolio.
- Assist our Brand Manager to ensure that all press and radio campaigns outlined in the IMC plan are produced to a high standard and are delivered on time.
- Contribute towards the development of our brands digital presence, aid in content development and community management.
- Facilitate new store openings and existing store revamps to ensure that the look and feel and marketing elements are within brand guidelines.
- Assist with localised marketing campaigns.
- Assist with NPD packaging, communication, internal & external launches.
- Create & assist in internal Barry Group events.
- Administer retailer recharges for the Brand Manager and ensure they are completed on time.
- Assist with the annual Trade Show.
- Assist other departments with ad hoc Marketing requirements.
The candidate must
- Be educated to a degree level, ideally relevant to the field of Marketing. A Masters in a relevant field would be a distinct advantage.
- Have 1-3 years experience working in a marketing department. Experience with food and alcohol brands would be advantageous.
- Be a creative and innovative individual, willing to learn from our skilled team.
- Be familiar with key marketing metrics.
- Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team, in a fast-paced environment.
- Have experience and knowledge of Digital Marketing.
- Have strong presentation and communication skills.
- Have a strict adherence to deadlines.
- Possess excellent copywriting skills.
- Strong analytical skills and judgement.
- Possess excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Have the ability to work under pressure.
- Possess proficient PC skills.
- Have a drive for and enjoy keeping up to date with the latest Marketing trends.
- Design experience and experience in the application of Marketing for FMCG brands is desirable, but not a critical requirement.