Career development: Our client offer excellent career development. This role has come on line due to continued increase in equipment projects as a result of continued growth in production.
The Design Engineer will collaborate and provide design expertise to the Equipment Engineering department in the design, manufacture, documentation, and continuous improvement of equipment and tooling for the production of medical devices.
- Generation of equipment designs which meet manufacturing, safety, CE and performance requirements. Designs include new tooling, fixtures, automated machines and modification/upgrades to same.
- Providing technical leadership on equipment related product and process issues.
- May co-ordinate activities of a number of technicians/engineers.
- Working as part of the Equipment Engineering group this person will design new equipment for manufacturing. This person is required to take a lead role in the design of the equipment from concept to deployment.
- Work closely with internal and external machine build in order to ensure that the equipment is built according to specifications and is properly handed over to manufacturing.
- Ensure equipment solutions are delivered within planned schedules and within budget.
- Ensure documentation/drawing standards for equipment meet Boston Scientific requirements.
- Ensure equipment meets CE marking standards.
- As part of the design team, this person is be expected to work closely with both internal and external specialists to complete equipment related projects.
- In conjunction with EH&S this person will Evaluate new equipment/processes/chemicals for environmental impact/effect to eliminate or lessen such impacts/effects. Understands and proactively follows through on the Environmental Management Procedures that have been identified as relevant to position.
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
- Actively participate in departmental and plant Continuous Improvement through participation in Value Improvement Projects and Lean Business Process Projects as well as departmental standards etc.
- Experience of AutoCAD/Solidworks, Pneumatics, Workshop Equipment, and Machine Building will be essential.
- The person should have a minimum of 3-4 years experience in a similar role.
- Good communication skills combined with an imaginative and creative approach to problem solving