MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Interprets drawings featuring Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) per ASME Y14.5 to identify product inspection requirements.
· Writes and edits programs utilized in manufacturing PC-DMIS, COSMO & CALYPSO, etc
· Serves as technical expert for metrology inspection.
· Facilitates, encourage and coordinate continuous improvement with respect to inspection activities.
· Set-up data collection parameters for inspection measurements where required.
· Installation of inspection assets as to follow local validation lifecycle.
· Develops inspection strategies to meet business needs.
· Development of new inspection techniques as required.
· Development of standard platforms where applicable (vision systems, contact/non contact inspection systems.
· Develop method of “gauge” evaluation to consider, calibration frequencies, gauge life, fit for purpose, etc.
· Generates the inspection report per the customer requirements.
· Performs 1st Article inspection of newly developed product.
· Site lead on development of inspection fixturing to ensure minimum measurement error during inspection.
· Inspect complex machined fixtures, and parts using advanced measuring and layout instruments and equipment.
· Participates in design reviews on cross-functional teams to ensure that conformance to specifications, inspect ability, reliability, and quality system objectives are met.
· Assist engineers with qualification and validation of new or changed tooling or parts.
· Prepare detailed inspection documentation such as written descriptions of inspection results including deviations from engineering specifications.
· Work from written or verbal instructions, detailed engineering drawings, and 3D models.
· Writing of work instructions for inspection techniques relating to standard platforms for associates.
· Development of validation approach in conjunction with QA for all inspection platforms.
· Training of QA/Manufacturing personnel to execute measurement method/equipment.
|Occupational Category||Metrology Engineer|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Posted at||2023-09-19 1:11 pm|