Our client is an exciting international software company operating at the leading edge of IoT technology and they are based in Castletroy, Limerick. They are part of a global leading technology group operating in large-scale smart energy solutions around the globe. Due to continued growth they are now hiring a Software Engineer to work on new product design and development. In this new role, you will create and improve the software to implement RESTful API based microservices, authentication, authorization, IoT-data processing / streaming and everything that is critical to data collection and IoT device management.
This is a hybrid role (3 days per week on site and 2 days per week remote) and attractive salary + full benefits on offer, including 25 days holidays, bonus, health insurance, company pension scheme, flexitime, etc.
In this role you will:
- Design, develop and deliver robust backend software for IoT systems.
- Enable new hardware devices to be used including adding support for new wired and wireless protocols.
- Working closely with hardware and systems teams developing application level software.
- Perform run-time debugging, performance profiling and optimisation of code.
- Work with the validation team to ensure the validation of the software meets the customer requirements.
- Create and execute automated unit tests, integration tests and system test scripts.
- Collaborate with other teams located in various countries around the world.
- Evaluate project requirements / specifications and develop software applications that support or interact with existing services.
- Author code fixes and enhancements using Git for inclusion in future code releases and patches through CI/CD tools like Jenkins and Bitbucket.
- Work in an Agile-driven environment to effectively maintain project timelines and utilize available resources.
- Help scale our cloud infrastructure.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a similar discipline.
- Proficient with bash scripting, Python or similar.
- Experience working with microservices
- Experience working in an environment where Linux and CI / CD tools are used
- Database knowledge in technology including SQLite / MySQL / Aurora
- Experience working with Linux and Linux-based operating systems.
- Experience with Git, Bitbucket and JIRA.
- Experience in coding real-time, multi-threaded, multi-process, multi-core processor applications.