We are looking for a talented and inquisitive Software Engineer whose drive for learning and determination for continuous improvement aligns with our ambitious, fast-growing and transforming company. Based in Dundalk, you will be a key player in planning, designing, building and testing the features of our next generation cloud platform that combines digital video assets, wearable data and athlete information to provide insights and analytics to coaching/support staff, sports scientists and athletes to assist in optimizing athlete performance.
We believe that our customers deserve the best platform and we are on a mission to maximise and enhance their performance through delivering a high quality experience. Our software engineers match this ethos by taking responsibility for constantly improving productivity and development of self and be able to excel in a fast-paced environment with your short project timelines from conception to deployment.
What You'll Do
- Be a key player in designing, extending and developing best in class web and/or mobile applications
- Building on the Catapult's microservices and APIs to create a world-class sports technology used by athletes across various sports.
- Extend and develop new APIs and backend functionality
- Collaborate with other squads to define and refine APIs and services and products.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automation in coordination with team objectives.
- Help to mentor junior developers and raise the bar for the team
- Participates in design and code reviews
- Create and maintain documentation as required
- Contribute to all phases of the development life-cycle
- Participate actively in scrum activities and overall improvement of work processes.
- Assess and make recommendations on processes, designs, operations, and testing
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Collaborate with our other teams (primarily in Boston, Leeds and Melbourne) to produce world-class software
What You'll Need
- Experience building on RESTful APIs
- Experience with AWS or other major cloud provider (GCP, Azure)
- Experience with database systems
- Experience with web and/or mobile development
- Ability to prototype concepts and then turn them into production-quality applications
- Strong understanding of test-driven development and testing concepts to participate in unit testing, integration testing, system testing, and load testing
- CI/CD, build pipelines
- Proven experience working with Agile methodologies for delivering software
- A strong base on the fundamentals with the ability to pick up and learn any 'stack'
- Always open for a discussion/debate and seeking consensus
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication; to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability even beyond what it is today.
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.