Main Purpose Of The Role
Support the management team in all aspects of the operation of the store while gaining detailed experience in individual departments throughout the store.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have/be
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Experience balancing cash/tills is desirable
- Experience with fresh food
- Excellent communication skills
- Good delegation skills
- Highly driven with a strong work ethic
- Commerciality and brand awareness
- Passion for grocery retail
- Thrive in a fast-paced working environment.
- Actively live Centra brand-values i.e. Proud, Energetic, Imaginative and Community-Based
- Set, monitor, and achieve sales targets with the team on gross profit margin, net margin, waste, and other KPIs as agreed with the Store Manager
- Actively participate in all training and development initiatives, and performance assessments
- Merchandise and present the entire store to the highest standard at all times and in accordance with relevant store planograms and guidelines
- Implement planograms correctly and ensure the correct range is in place in the store
- Gain competence with all aspects of supply procedures - ordering, delivery procedures, stock rotation, and control procedures
- Manage such departments as are assigned to you
- Engage with new initiatives and embrace new ways of working.