The Utilities Automation Engineer will be a member of the Automation team providing project support to vendor delivered automation solutions for the site utility computer systems.
- The candidate will require to manage the deliverables from vendors to ensure they align with the project / change requirements and that they are compliant with the SDLC needs.
- Required to provide periodic support to operations in the event of a computer system failure.
- You will be responsible for development of requirements in conjunction with the project team and the business.
- Review of vendor supplied documentation (designs, testing documents, work statements, etc) to ensure it aligns with the requirements and meets the necessary document standards (SDLC).
- Provide support during the vendor site visits for the deployment and testing of software.
- Provide day to day support to Operating Areas for utilities automation system upsets either directly or by engaging vendor support.
- Work collaboratively to drive a safe and compliant culture
- 5+ years’ experience in automation project activity
- Experience with automation system implementation and validation
- Working knowledge of DCS/PLC/BAS systems
- Previous experience supporting utilities systems (e.g., chillers; water treatment; boilers) would be advantageous
- Background in electrical or instrumentation would be advantageous