- The Creative Ireland Programme is an all-of-government initiative committed to enhancing access to, engagement with, and enjoyment of Ireland’s culture and creativity. Within the broad range of available definitions, creativity is considered as a set of innate abilities and learned skills; the capacity of individuals and organisations to transcend accepted ideas and norms and by drawing on imagination to create new ideas that bring additional value to human activity.
- The vision of the Creative Ireland Programme 2023 - 2027 is to mainstream creativity in the life of the nation so that individually and collectively, in our personal lives and in our institutions, we can realise our full creative potential thereby promoting individual, community and national wellbeing.
- The Creative Ireland Programme delivers through collaboration and partnership. It promotes understanding of the value of creativity in all its forms – whether through the arts, culture, heritage, creative industries.
The key responsibilities of the post include, but are not limited to:
- Working with Offaly County Council Culture and Creativity Team to deliver the strategic priorities in Offaly County Council Culture and Creativity Strategy 2023-2027 and Cruinniú na nÓg, through an annual programme;
- Liaison with local creatives, artists, organisations and staff across relevant directorates within the local authority to manage the development and delivery of a programme of projects and events. The aim is to encourage increased participation in creative and cultural activities locally.
- Liaison with local creatives, artists, organisations and local authority staff involved in the delivery Cruinniú na nÓg, the national day of creativity for children and young people,;
- Support the Creative Ireland Coordinator and Culture and Creativity Team in their objectives including: broadening creative engagement locally; enhancing the strategic role of culture and creativity within local government; supporting collaborative actions and links to wider local authority policies of relevance to wellbeing, social cohesion and economic development;
- Support engagement between the local authority and the Creative Ireland Programme centrally including via the Creative Ireland portal;
- Arrange and manage yearly schedule of meetings for the Culture and Creativity Team;
- Attend relevant Creative Ireland Programme quarterly meetings and others as they arise;
- Provide data, briefing and updates to senior managers in Offaly County Council and the Creative Ireland Programme officials as requested;
- Local citizen engagement campaigns through marketing and social media platforms to ensure greater understanding of Creative Communities programme locally.