The purpose of this recruitment campaign is to form a panel from which temporary and/or permanent positions may be filled.
Executive Planners are responsible for implementing programmes of work in the Planning Department and for providing a multiplicity of planning and related services. Executive Planner positions are multi-faceted and may include some or all of the following key service areas (please note this is not an exhaustive list) :
- Building Control
- Architectural Conservation
- Planning Enforcement
- Economic Development
- Forward Planning and Sustainable Development
- Short-Term Letting
- Community Development.
The duties of the post include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assessment and making recommendations on planning applications in line with all relevant national, regional and local plans/policies, and in accordance with the appropriate legislation and guidelines as required;
- Conducting pre-application consultations and provision of planning advice to members of the public, internal departments and to the elected members in an efficient and flexible manner;
- Preparation and implementation of the county development plan, local area plans, planning schemes and other planning related reports as required;
- Liaising and working with neighbouring planning authorities and other public authorities on all aspects of implementation;
- Monitoring and reporting on implementation progress, including gathering/analysis of development and market activity;
- Monitoring and assisting with the preparation of review of plans, local area plans etc;
- Building and maintaining of co-operative working relationships and supervision of staff as required;
- Other such duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Each candidate must, on the latest date for receipt of completed application forms:
- Candidates shall hold a qualification in Planning (at least level 8 on the National Framework of Qualifications) ,
- Have at least five years satisfactory relevant experience of planning work
- Possess a high standard of technical training and expertise and
- Possess a high standard of administrative experience