Full Job Description
Our client is seeking to engage a new Health, Safety and Sustainability Officer to support its projects in the field of construction and civil engineering. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to join a project using modern methods of construction (MMC) working across a range of sectors.
- Provide Health, Safety and Environmental advise and support to project delivery teams and stakeholders.
- Carry out audits/inspections of Vision Built projects in line with management system.
- Implementation of the VB OHS and Environmental management system requirements.
- Attend relevant site meetings including start up meetings, project meetings and supply chain meetings.
- Internal reporting of H&S and Environmental metrics on various systems including Ecoonline and Smartwaste.
- Manage training needs of the project team for Health, Safety and including delivery of courses where appropriate.
- Support the VB Head of Health, Safety and Sustainability in continual improvement of the management systems.
- Assist tender and pre-qualification teams where required.
- Be familiar with key pieces of legislation such as Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005,
- Organisation of Working Time Act 1997, Safety in Industry Act 1980 etc.
- Be aware of critical legislative changes and best practices to enable the provision of competent Health, Safety and Environmental advice to the site stakeholders.
- Incident reporting and investigation.
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum 3 years as a Health and Safety professional.
- IOSH Membership and technical qualifications.
- Time Management and Organisation Skills.
- Good communication and people skills.
- Firm understanding of performance management
- Strong IT skills