Our client is a global pharmaceutical company who are currently seeking an Oncology Account Director for Ireland with focus predominantly on the Leinster/Dublin region and South of Ireland. They are seeking a Hospital Sales Specialist with a min of 5+ years HCP sales experience. The person will be self-driven to exceed sales targets in the territory. The successful person shall maximise performance of new launch in the field of oncology, in the defined region by unlocking access and driving sales through effective account management. To develop effective long term professional business relationships with customers that support the delivery of business results.
The Oncology Account Director has ultimate business responsibility for the accounts in their region and is the accountable for defining and delivering account goals, harnessing all available internal and external resources to achieve agreed objectives.
- Assess and analyse defined region to determine business potential and prioritise target hospital accounts
- Map the melanoma landscape and patient journey in defined region and each priority account
- Understand and navigate local access pathways in melanoma (e.g. formularies, guidelines)
- Identify and prioritise key decision-makers, influencers, stakeholders and networks (payer and clinical) in each account
- Develop overall Annual Business Plan for each account, defining business opportunities and strategic objectives, and Cycle Action Plan setting out clear targets, tactics, metrics and timelines
- Execution of the business plan with demonstrable business outcomes.
- Develop and implement KOL plan for region and priority accounts
- Unlock local access by achieving optimal position on relevant formularies, guidelines, etc.
- Develop and maintain a high level of product and disease area knowledge and ability to absorb, interpret and share clinical data with customers in a professional and engaging manner.
- Drive sales uptake by identifying and addressing patient and clinician opportunities
- Provide support and value to each account, drawing on internal resources as required (e.g., MSL, Head Office, etc.)
- Analyse performance vs key metrics, address issues in a timely manner and adapt plans accordingly
- Build presence and reputation as a partner in Oncology
- Oncology sales experience, with strong preference for melanoma. Will consider a strong Hospital Specialist from a different Therapeutic area if they have a very strong work ethic, good attitude & entrepreneurial spirit.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience of selling into specialised hospital setting
- Established customer relationships in oncology/melanoma, ideally with national and regional KOLs
- Experience of influencing and working with oncology payers to identify and unlock local access barriers
- Launch experience within a specialist therapy area
- Effective selling skills with an impressive record of selling into specialist care setting
- Outstanding account management experience, including business planning, account analysis, stakeholder mapping and performance measurement
- Demonstrated success in navigating and leveraging the internal organisation to achieve account and customer goals
- Proficient user of IT business systems, in particular, MS Office - PowerPoint and Excel
- Entrepreneurial mindset