- To work/function as an efficient and effective member of the dietetic team in Beaumont Hospital and the assigned multidisciplinary team(s), with the aim of providing optimum nutrition and dietetic care to patients attending their service
- To be responsible for and provide a high quality dietetic service for all patients within their area of assignment
- To perform such other duties appropriate to office as may be from time to time assigned by the Chief Executive Officer or a designated officer
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for providing evidence based dietetic service to assigned clinical areas. This dietetic service should include development, implementation and monitoring of nutrition care plans in both in-patient and outpatient settings. Assigned clinical areas may be rotated with other entry level Dietitians.
- Participate in the multidisciplinary approach to patient care by regularly liaising with relevant personnel (medical, nursing, clinical and non-clinical), attending team meetings and participating in ward rounds, as appropriate.
- Communicate effectively with patients, carers and all other hospital staff to ensure an appropriate quality service to patients.
- Keep the necessary records, documentation & statistics appropriate to office, as defined by the Department of Nutrition & Dietetics, under the guidance of the Dietitian Manager In Charge.
- Assist in the clinical training of Student Dietitians on clinical placement in Beaumont Hospital, and liaise with the Student Co-ordinator as appropriate.
- Maintain professional competence and demonstrate commitment to Continuous Professional Development
- Contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of standards, protocols, policies and guidelines for Nutrition & Dietetic services in Beaumont Hospital.
- Participate in developing resource materials for use by the Department of Nutrition & Dietetics.
- Participate in continuing quality improvement initiatives that pertain to the Department of Nutrition & Dietetics.
- Participate in nutrition education programmes throughout the hospital, eg. nursing, medical and catering courses.
- Participate in Dietetic Teams set up within the Department of Nutrition & Dietetics. This may require providing cover to other specialities from time to time.